Our Favorite Breastfeeding Videos!
Positioning and Latching to the breast
- Global Health Media Project. Attaching Your Baby at The Breast "Good attachment will help a baby get more milk and make breastfeeding more comfortable. This video shows why good attachment is so important to breastfeeding success and what a mother can do to deeply attach her baby to her breast."
- Successful Breastfeeding Begins Right at Birth A collections of videos for parents on the first five days of breastfeeding. From Stanford Medine at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. With pediatrician Dr. Jane Norton, FABM, FAAP Adj. Professor of Pediatrics Emerita Stanford University School of Medicine
- How to latch a baby using the exaggerated latch technique. Having trouble getting a good latch? You may find these techniques helpful. From Carla Mastroianni, RM
- Natural Breastfeeding How-Tos Laidback or natural breastfeeding positions. Natural Breastfeeding positions make the early weeks easier. These videos show you what you need to know to try it with your baby. From Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC, FILCA
- International Breastfeeding Center with renowned Canadian pediatrician Dr. Jack Newman. Large collection of short videos that many parents find helpful.
- International Breastfeeding Center Multi-language VideosText translations of Dr. Jack Newman's lactation videos.
Alternative Feeding Methods: Cup, Spoon, Tube and Paced Bottle.
- Small cup, spoon, paladai, and Nifty cup. Global Health Media This video shows how to feed a small (VLBW) baby safely using a small cup, as well as a spoon, a paladai (Asian feeding vessel), and a Nifty cup.
- Paced Bottle Feeding For The Breastfed Baby Jessica Barton. Great explanation as to the importance of paced feeding. Uses a doll for demonstration.
- Michigan Breastfeeding Network - Paced Bottle Feeding Paced bottle feeding supports healthy development and reduces overfeeding in the breastfed infant and it's easy to do!
Other Helpful Videos
- Breastfeeding While Babywearing: Video Tutorials From the Badass Breastfeeder
- Babywearing A Newborn | Tuck & Bundle Wrap, Happy Baby Carrier, Ring Sling By Youtuber Nicole Rene
- The Basics of Breast massage and Hand Expression With Spanish language subtitles. Maya Bolman, IBCLC and Ann Witt, MD, FABM, IBCLC. Breastfeeding Medicine of Northeast Ohio
- Global Health Media Video Project This extensive video series covers critical topics in global health. Each of these series of brief videos dives into a micro-topic in detail. Newborn Care, Childbirth, Breastfeeding, Small Baby Care and Nutrition. For parents and global health care workers.
© 2020 Breastfeeding USA, all rights are reserved.