Breastfeeding USA in the News
In addition to providing support to breastfeeding mothers, Breastfeeding USA Counselors may also provide evidence-based information to the public and respond to media requests. The following are some presentations by Breastfeeding Counselors and mentions of Breastfeeding USA in the media.
- August 19, 2013, Leading Lady donates 1000 bras to Breastfeeding USA Chapters. Amy's Corner World Breastfeeding Week & National Breastfeeding Month: Leading Lady Partners with The Best for Babes Foundation® and Breastfeeding USA to Support Breastfeeding Moms
- August 2, 2013, Indy Breastfeeding Moms, a Chapter of Breastfeeding USA, celebrates World Breastfeeding Week with a Big Latch On, in Indystar.com Big Latch On 2013 in Indianapolis
- January 28, 2013, Research by Ruth Tincoff, associate professor at Bucknell University and Breastfeeding USA Counselor, is featured in this Huffington Post article Are Babies Like Eggplants?
- January 21, 2013, Rebecca Ruhlen, Breastfeeding Counselor and adjunct assistant professor at Davidson College, is interviewed in The Raleigh News & Observer Advocate says nursing moms deserve support
- November 19, 2012, Best for Babes declares that one of the top developments of 2012 is “Breastfeeding USA comes into its own as a new mother-to-mother support organization” in Booby Traps Series: Let’s give thanks for this year’s Booby Trap-busting developments.
- September 11, 2012, Christine Duenas, Breastfeeding Counselor with Breastfeeding USA Staten Island Chapter is September's Inspirational Mom on the Macaroni Kid.
- August 7, 2012, Blog entry Support Breastfeeding by Joining Breastfeeding USA’s Crowdsourcing Campaign! on Mothering.com
- August 6, 2012, Breastfeeding USA Board Member Nancy Mohrbacher discusses Breastfeeding USA on Best for Babes blog
- May 11, 2012, Breastfeeding USA Board Member Nancy Mohrbacher interviewed for Spanish-language article Time y el tabú sobre la lactancia materna in BBC Mundo
- May 11, 2012, Breastfeeding Counselor Kathryn Kos interviewed on BBB World Service Radio Programme World Have Your Say on the topic WHYS 60: Okay to breastfeed a three year old?
- May 11, 2012, Breastfeeding USA Board Member Nancy Mohrbacher interviewed for article Time Magazine cover photographer: Image patterned after 'Madonna and Child' in the Chicago Tribune
- May 10, 2012, Breastfeeding Counselors Ali Kulenkamp and Sara Spalding interviewed on WISH-TV 8, Indianapolis, IN
- March, 2012, Breastfeeding USA Board Members Nancy Mohrbacher and Sharon Knorr authored article Breastfeeding Duration and Mother-to-Mother Support published in the March issue of Midwifery Today
- November, 2011, Breastfeeding USA Board Member Norma Ritter authored article Breastfeeding USA: A New Educational Paradigm published in Hale Publishing Newsletter
- September, 2011, Hale Publishing Newsletter Announcements highlights Breastfeeding USA