USBC Representative Job Description
Background: Breastfeeding USA is a member of the United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC.) Please review their mission at this link: http://www.usbreastfeeding.org
Breastfeeding USA has the opportunity to send 1 representatives and 1 alternate representative to USBC meetings. The following is the job description to be the Breastfeeding USA representative (and/or alternate representative.)
Responsibility of the Position:
- Represent Breastfeeding USA in person and virtual meetings of the United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) and any internal working committees.
- Participate in the Breastfeeding USA Advocacy Workgroup
- Share and receive information from the USBC and share with both the Board of Directors and with membership.
- Make recommendations to the Advocacy workgroup based on advocacy opportunities.
- Compile report from the USBC meetings.
- Liase between the BOD and the USBC.
Requirements for Serving in this Position:
- Ability to attend all applicable USBC meetings as scheduled.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with all parties involved.
- Must be a volunteer with Breastfeeding USA; a Breastfeeding Counselor would be preferred.
- Computer literate with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to fully engage with other organizations and determine good mutual fits for future projects.
- Breastfeeding USA will reimburse for all travel and related travel costs.
- Easy access to computer and other appropriate technology.
- Meetings may require both weekday and weekend participation, with appropriate reasonable accommodations.
- Approximately three-four days minimum, twice yearly, in the Washington DC area.
- Approximately one hour a week of email communication or phone communication.
- A report within two weeks of each meeting to be delivered to the BOD. Each report should take no longer than two - three hours to compile.
- Term of Commitment: 2 years