Bylaws Breastfeeding USA, Inc.
A Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation
ARTICLE 1. ORGANIZATION
Section 1. Name and Offices
- The name of the organization shall be Breastfeeding USA.
- The principal office of the corporation shall be in the County of Ontario, in the State of New York. The corporation may also have offices at such other places, within or without the state of New York where it is qualified to do business, and as the Board of Directors may from time to time determine.
Section 2. Purposes
- The purposes for which this corporation has been organized are as stated in the Certificate of Incorporation which may be amended as required.
- Breastfeeding USA, Inc. will provide evidence-based information and support, and promote breastfeeding as the biological and cultural norm. This is accomplished through a network of accredited breastfeeding counselors and comprehensive educational resources for the benefit of mothers and babies, families, and communities.
- Upon dissolution of the Corporation, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
Section 3. Fiscal Year
The fiscal year of the corporation shall begin on July 1 of each year and end on June 30 of the following year.